Produced Water Treatment
Oil and contaminant removal from Produced water
During oil and gas production from wells, Produced water is co-produced. Produced water comprises injection water and water naturally occurring alongside hydrocarbon deposits. PWT system treats water from contaminants for recovery and recycling.
The following are the primary contaminants of concern in produced water:
- High level of total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Oil and grease
- Suspended solids
- Dispersed oil
- Dissolved and volatile organic compounds
- Heavy metals
- Dissolved gases and bacteria.
- Chemicals (additives) used in oil/gas production such as biocides, scale and corrosion inhibitors, and emulsion and reverse-emulsion breakers
The primary process revolves around optimising the existing Produced Water and Water Injection Systems. In addition, Diva Envitec takes up studies to meet new legislation, debottlenecking of PWT / WI systems and future upgrades.
Diva Envitec provides a complete solution from process study, site survey, technology selection and optimisation, implementation strategy and if required, supervision of installation and commissioning. Experts from our company carry out these studies. The site engineers can profile the separability of produced water and try different separation technologies. We offer a full range of site test equipment such as deoiling and desanding hydrocyclones, compact flotation units and various analysers.
Once the study objectives and parameters are clear with the end-user, a process study and site survey/testing are undertaken to identify areas of plant optimisation and potential technology solutions. Then, in collaboration, the most suitable technology is selected, and a new upgraded system is designed and detailed.
Features and Advantages
With Technology support from our UK partners, one of the most prolific suppliers of expertise and equipment for Produced Water Treatment packages worldwide, Diva Envitec installs and operates cost-effective, efficient equipment for the Oil and Gas Sector.
A combination of technologies is employed based on the type of industry and contamination.
- Corrugated Plate Interceptors – CPI
- Deoiling Hydrocyclone
- Induced Gas Flotation IGF – Gas blanketed (Replacing conventional Depurators)
- Nutshell Filter
- Adsorption Media – Can reduce O/W ratio to less than 5 ppm
- Solids Removal – Desanders, Automatic backwash filters, Dual sand filters
- Produced Water treatment