Gas sparging in process fluids
nANO-Bubbles improve process efficiency 600 times
NANOPOREX spargers infuse finely scattered gas nano-bubbles in the reaction mass. Nano-Bubbles improve mixing and expand the surface area available for gas-liquid mass transfer. The approach increases chemical and biological process efficiencies. It is also used to remove gases from liquids.
Industrial processes rely heavily on mass transfer operations. Liquid -Gas interface reactions use vacuum fused NANOPOREX micronisers/spargers capable of producing nanobubbles. Vacuum fused Sintered microniser increases the mass transfer surface area almost 600 times more than drilled pipe or diffusers conventionally used in Industry.
The gas is dispersed as a fine mist of nano-bubbles, increasing the mass transfer area, so when liquid-gas interphase reactions are carried out, the increased surface area enhances the reactions.
Features and advantages:
Vacuum fused cavitating Micronisers create fine micro-bubbles and generate millions of tiny bubbles. The basic premise is that if we can increase the surface area in a two-phase reaction between gases and liquid, we would have very fast, efficient mass transfer.
Diva Envitec designs micronizers with vacuum fused sintered metal tubes/plates. Static and Dynamic spargers are configured for effective micronising applications without having any moving parts. The designs could be from a single element to manifolded multiple-element system, easy to install and very effective and efficient gas/liquid contacting solutions.
- Sintered metallurgy which is vacuum fused, bringing in ductility and strength
- Temperature range as high as 450 deg C under oxidising and 550 Deg C in reducing atmospheres
- Recommended pore size 3 – 10 μm with no seams on the porous body
- Customized flow rates and design
- Long lifetime
- High flow rates
- Ring microniser available (min dia. 200mm)
- A broad range of alloys available – including 316L, 304, stainless steel (standard), PP, PTFE , PVDF , Nickel, Titanium, Monel® 400, Inconel® 600, Hastelloy® C-22/C-276/X, 321 904L etc.
- Customized end fittings
Applications and Uses
- Aeration – Air sparging to meet BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand) on the waste stream.
- Agitation – Air injection for mixing liquids in a vessel.
- Bioremediation – Air sparging stimulates bacteria’s growth for hazardous waste treatment.
- Carbonation – CO2 sparging for carbonated beverages and beer.
- Chlorine bleaching – Chlorine sparging for bleaching pulp in the manufacture of paper.
- Froth Column flotation – Air sparging for Minerals and coal flotation for ore beneficiation
- Dewatering – Nitrogen sparging to remove entrained water from motor oil.
- Edible Oils – FFA removal / Oxygen removal to improve shelf life
- Fermentation – Oxygen or air sparging enhances cell growth in fermentation reactions.
- Gas/liquid reactions – Sparging air, oxygen, Chlorine or other gases into reactors for improved performance.
- Hydrogenation – Hydrogen sparging for a broad spectrum of chemical hydrogenation reactions.
- Induced Gas flotation – Air or natural gas sparging for oil removal from produced water treatment
- Oxygen bleaching – Oxygen sparging for bleaching pulp in the manufacture of paper.
- Oxygen stripping – Nitrogen sparging to remove oxygen from edible oils, wine, and juices.
- Inert Gas Blanketing in Solvent Storage tanks
- Oxygenation – Oxygen sparging in fish farming for significant stimulation of fish growth.
- Ozonation – Ozone sparging to sanitise ultrapure water systems in pharmaceutical plants.
- pH control – CO2 or NH3 sparging to adjust pH in waste or process streams.
- Steam injection – Direct steam injection for efficient heating and eliminating “steam hammer.”
- Gas stripping – Air sparging to remove VOC/ NH3 (Volatile Organic Compounds) from waste streams.