Mixing – De-aeration – nano-Milling
Process Intensification in manufacturing
The cavitation process homogenises and mixes the suspended particles in colloidal liquids. Our NANOCAV has varied applications and can be used effectively to de-aerate viscous fluids and make stable emulsions. In anaerobic wastewater treatment its used to break down pollutants and organic molecules and increase biogas production. Catalyst Cleaning is an unexplored area
NANOCAV using NanO-Cavitation Technology is a process intensification operation for the Process Industry.
NANOCAV flow reactor design is a unique innovation in the process engineering space, enabling low-cost, highly tune-able, continuous-flow, physical and chemical, liquid mediated nanO-Cavitation processes.
The concept evolved from a conventional single-channel flow reactor for emulsification processors or cavitation cell disruptors. With a balanced exposure to the entire reaction medium, the high fluid volume throughput via multiple controlled nanO-Cavitation zones creates a cavitating effect, and local energy spurts are released in the liquid mass. This increases the rate of reaction based on the reaction kinetics.
The reaction mixture is pumped into a lower holding chamber where it gets evenly exposed to high energy nanO-Cavitation in the multitude of parallel channels. The processed reactants flow up to the upper holding chamber through the outlet nozzle; this operation can be done in a gas-tight sealed environment.
- Multiphase Reaction
- Precious Metal Catalyst Surface renewal/cleaning
- Enhancement of liquid-liquid extraction processes
- Biodigestate disintegration for increased Biogas generation
- Foam reduction in Fermenters
- Chemical / Biocide Reduction in Cooling towers
- Mixing of Liquid Streams
- Degassing of viscous fluids
- Herbal and Aroma extraction
- Biodiesel Transesterification
- Wastewater treatment, including sludge disintegration
- Catalyst manufacture via nanoparticle generation
- Nano-milling of pigments in paint manufacturing
Feature and Advantages
- Nano-Cavitation has salient features in its design that it overcomes the challenge of scaling up cavitation processes from pilot plant scale to industrial scale, retaining energy efficiency.
- Highly energy-efficient nano-cavitation in a continuous flow reactor
- Ability to scale outward to industrial processing rate with minimal design complexity
- Facility for multiple thermal zones, enabling unique new reaction processes
Electric supply: 230 volts, 50 Hz A.C., 1 Phase or 3 Phase.
Cavitation power: 120 watts. (lab ). Up to a few KW
Amplitude/Power control: A variac control is provided to vary amplitude/power from 40% to 100%
Frequency : 30 + 3 kHz.
Probe Tips: Titanium tips. 15mm & 5 mm dia.
Cavitation horn: S.S. horn fitted with Piezo electric crystals.
The cavitation horn is mounted on a vertical stand with the flatbed at the bottom. A separate mechanism is mounted on a flatbed to move the vessel base up/down.
Cavitation generator: Solid-state design with auto-tuning.
It has one module delivering 120 watts of ultrasonic power.
The cavitation generator is housed in a separate powder coated cabinet. Since the transducer and horn are precisely synchronised with the Piezo element, there is very little noise hence no noise-proof enclosure is required.