Colour /Organics/VOC removal
Highly absorbent Activated Carbon
The API, Pharmaceutical, and Chemical industries use Activated Carbon for colour, odour, and VOC removal. Acid-washed and steam-treated low ash CARBOSORB has a very high physical adsorption force or the highest volume of adsorbing porosity. Grades with a surface area greater than 1500m²/g are available.
CARBOSORB Activated Carbon is of high purity made from coconut shell or wood. The raw material source guides the characteristics and performance of the activated Carbon. Activated Carbon has a random, imperfect structure. Its highly porous structure has a broad range of pore sizes, from visible cracks and crevices to molecular dimensions. This structure gives an extensive surface area, allowing the Carbon to adsorb a wide range of compounds.
Activated Carbon filters are similar to Sand or Bed filters. The liquid is allowed to pass through the carbon bed. We also supply ready to use Cartridges or canisters made from activated Carbon. The total life cycle of activated carbon filters is dependent on feed quality and ppm level impurities in liquid or gas streams. The filter material is replaced at regular intervals, and lab experiments determine the efficacy of the media and its life cycle.
Canisters and Cartridge disposal can be on regular intervals or usage.
It is very easy to install and run these systems providing complete protection from impurities in processes. Our Powder Grade CARBOSORB is slurried and used on reactors for impurity removal.
Features and Benefits
- Medium activity
- High density
- High wettability
- High hardness and abrasion resistance
- Proven superior for multiple reactivations
- Excellent adsorption capacity
- Both adsorption and transport pores
- CARBOSORB: Activated Carbon is available in different forms. All grades are available in ACID washed and Steam treated quality with very low ash content.
- CARBOSORB G- Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) – irregular-shaped particles ranging from 0.2 to 5 mm.
- CARBOSORB P- Powder Activated Carbon (PAC) – pulverized Carbon with a size predominantly less than 0.18mm
- CARBOSORB E- Extruded Activated Carbon (EAC) – extruded and cylindrical shaped with diameters from 0.8 to 5 mm.
- Iodine number min. 1000 mg/g
- Moisture content (as packed) max. 5%
- Total ash content max. 4%
- Ball-pan hardness min. 98%
- CTC activity min. 50%
- Catalytic activity min. 20°C
- Typical Properties
- Surface area (BET) 1060 m²/g
- Apparent density 514 kg/m³
- Bed density, backwashed and drained 437 kg/m³
- pH 10
- Removal of organics, colour and trace impurities
- Removal of haze, odour and decolourization
- Edible oil – PAH, PCB removal and colour modification
- Glycerine – Decolorization and odour removal
- VOC removal from offgas
- Municipal and industrial wastewater
- Drinking water supplies
- Landfill leachate and groundwater remediation
- Drinking water filters and swimming pool water
- Boiler water