Precision Sintered Media
Precise filtration and flame arrestors
Unlike the large, sintered filter family using vacuum fused and sintered process. The precision sintered family of filter elements are manufactured by co-axial pressing. A wide range of different geometries can be obtained by means fusing process. The pore size is made to measure from 0.5 µm to 200 µm.
Sintering turns elements into dimensionally stable, metallurgically strong components which can be used as self-supporting constructional elements. The pores are fixed in terms of size and position. A unique production technique allows the joining between porous and solid materials in a compacting process, resulting in so-called filter modules.
The pore size and structure determine the flow pattern desired by different applications. The gas/liquid flows through the porous matrix, and based on the functionality; the media takes an active part in the process.
Feature and Advantages
- Chemical Resistance and Thermal Stability: The Sinter metals have chemical and thermal characteristics like the solid materials used. However, the size of the specific surface area should be taken into account when assessing the chemical properties of any high-porosity component (sinter metal).
- Precision flows
- Heat sinks due to high surface area to volume ration
- AXIAL sintered products are manufactured from the following materials:
- Stainless steels 1.4404 (AISI 316 L / B), 1.4306 (AISI 304 L), 1.4539
- Inconel 600 / 625
- Hastelloy C 22, C 276 and X
- Special materials
- Flow Restrictors
- Flame arrestors
- Sensor Protection
- Automotive Components
- Pneumatic Silencers
- Oil Burners