Precious Metal Catalyst Filtration
Save huge catalyst losses using closed systems.
Pharmaceuticals, APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients), and chemicals use heterogeneous precious metal catalysts. Conventional filters with manual handling have catalyst losses in every batch. CONTUFILT-M recycles the precious metal catalyst with minimal losses and pays back CAPEX in a few months by the catalyst saved
Filtration made easy.
The system comprises filter candles made up of our Vacuum fused Metallic open channel proprietary media, suitable for Precious Metal Catalyst filtration.
Candles are placed on a tube bundle in a housing. We perform specific filtration functions, in-situ reverse flow, washing and gas-assisted discharge of collected catalyst particles. The cake is collected in semi-solid form or is sent as a slurry. The candles are clean and ready to use for the next operation.
The new ZERO HOLDUP bottom design ensures that complete liquid is removed from the vessel, very important for API manufacturing where GMP does not allow mixing of batches, nor any liquid holdup is permitted. Full liquid recovery is achieved, and the catalyst particles are purged out of the system without opening the system.
Features & Advantages
- Completely closed system not affecting the activity of the catalyst
- Reduced catalyst losses
- Resistance to aggressive solvents, oxidants and most chemicals
- Reduced energy costs – excellent backwashing
- Modular design with large scalability options
- Repeatability in fluxes
- Excellent mechanical resistance (High Solid loading)
- Platinium or Palladium Catalysts
- Catalysts for Hydrogenation and Selective Oxidation
- Supported Homogeneous Catalysts
- Precious and Base Metal Heterogeneous Catalysts
- High Dispersion Catalysts
- Chiral Catalysis
- Chiral Ligands
- Asymmetric Synthesis
o Asymmetric Hydrogenation
o Asymmetric Hydroamination
o Asymmetric Alkyne addition
o Asymmetric Michael reaction
o Asymmetric Ene Carbonyl
o Asymmetric Diels-Alder and Hetero Diels-Alder
o Asymmetric Cyclopropanation – Lactone synthesis
o ……..and many more…
- Continuous Filtration Of Fine Suspensions
- Concentration Of Solids
- Closed And Safe Filtration Process (e.g., Pyrophoric Catalyst Filtration)
- Surface Filtration Without Filter Aids
- Fully Automated Filtration Processes