An evaporator is a device that converts a chemical substance's liquid form, such as water, to its gaseous form, vapour. The liquid is vaporised or evaporated during this process. Evaporators are commonly employed in fluid and chemical processing industries. Low temperature applications in the food and pharmaceutical industries, as well as water treatment, are the areas where they perform the best
VAPOZEM was created with the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and food industries in mind. VAPOZEM falling film and forced circulation evaporators are custom-made solutions for heat-sensitive applications such as foods and proteins, as well as wastewater recycling for ZLD
- Plate Type or Tube Type Exchangers are included in the system, as well as the MVR compressing station. These Evaporators are small and compact due to their large surface area per unit volume.
- The heat transfer coefficient due to the serrated pattern is high. The name “falling film evaporator” comes from how water travels downward like a film.
- MVR compresses the spent vapour to a higher pressure, causing the spent vapours to obatain a temperature rise.
- The enthalpies are now recovered by using high-temperature vapours in a closed loop. The condensate from the heat exchange is used to pre-heat the feed product using a plate type heat exchanger. As a result, the system is the most efficient in terms of energy use.
- Turbine Tip speeds of up to 320 m/s nearing sonic velocities.
- Water injection keeps impellers clean and the steam saturated.
- Low wear floating carbon ring labyrinth seals guarantee long term tightness.
- Squeeze-oil-damping combines the simplicity of anti-friction bearings with the performance of hydrodynamic bearings.
- For higher temperature rises up to four MVR Blowers can be used in series.
- Mechanical vapour recompression was initially used almost exclusively in the
- milk and dairy industry. And now it is used in various low temperature evaporation applications.
- Evaporation capacity range from 1000 – 100.000 kg/h.
- Energy consumption is 12 – 40 kWh/t evaporated water.
- Capex advantages of reduced footprint area as compared to conventional MEE.
- No boiler & steam utility required.
- No cooling towers & condensing station required.
- No Boiler – No Pollution –environmentally friendly.
- Fully automated without any manual intervention
- Less maintenance cost.
- Low manpower requirement.
- Grain Processing
- Vegetable Processing
- Fruit Juices
- Electrolyte Baths
- Saline Water
- Citric Acid and Acetic
- Sulphuric Acid
- ZLD -Zero Liquid
- Liquid Manure
- Oil Recycling
- Recycling of special metals
- Seawater Desalination
- Paper Drying
- Boiler Feedwater
- Blood Plasma
- Commercialisation of Meat
- and Fish
- Waste water
- Wood Drying, Pellets Drying
- and Peat Drying
2) VAPOCAV – VAPORISER
Industry is employing multi-effect evaporators to concentrate waste streams/ process streams at high operational costs to meet the growing concern and environmental norms for Zero Liquid Discharge. Wastewater Pollution is becoming a challenge in the Industry. Evaporators use huge amounts of energy and have a very high operating cost due to steam consumption. CAVI-VAP Towers use air-liquid contact to evaporate/ concentrate these streams.
Design and process operation:
- VAPOCAV system is developed to be a very efficient and intensive device to get gases and liquids into contact with each other. The unique feature of the technology is that evaporation of liquid takes place into gaseous phase with a minimum energy input.
- It results in no pollution of the process fluid by the media when it is used in process industry. The modular design of the system makes it possible to realize a system for any desired capacity.
- The liquid flows down along a specially designed cavitation plates creating a negative pressure in the downward direction, through protruding venturi openings that are present on the upper surface of this plate.
- The negative pressure causes the gas to pass from underneath the plate into the flow of liquid as long stretched bubbles that stay long enough in swirling vortex contact with the liquid to become saturated with vapour exchange from other components or waste thermal energy.
- A low pressure ventilator transports the gas and enhances the gas/liquid contact. This process offers an optimal exchange of components at minimal energy input.
- Waste energy e.g. from heating, cooling, Flue gases and ventilating can be put to good use.
Features and Benefits of VAPOCAV
- Very Low energy consumption.
- Low level waste heat can be utilized.
- Not sensitive to fouling.
- Compact, modular and robust construction.
- Simple operation and no maintenance.
- Low Operating costs. Over 75% cheaper.
- Multiple Uses
- Contaminated ventilation air or flue gases can be washed by leading the gas stream through one or more such units.
- Dust and soot particles are trapped in the liquid while calorific energy (present in the gas flow) can be recovered, and utilized for evaporation. Normal air blowers are employed.
- The unique features of the system regarding prevention of fouling and clean-ability enable application of the technology on highly fouling, scale forming liquids.
Applications and Uses:
- Evaporation of RO Rejects – as replacement of ATFD
- Wastewater concentrators – as replacement of MEE.
- Salt Thickeners.
- Stripping of Impurities
- Gas scrubbers for removal of Impurities
- Aeration of Liquids
- Gas Cooling