Managing wastewater is a challenge in Industry and a big environmental issue. Treatability studies help identify the problems. Based on our experience, a study is conducted by plant visit by Diva Envitec Pvt Ltd water experts.
Methodology – Treatability Study:
- A Consulting contract is signed by the Client and Diva Envitec Pvt Ltd
- A representative sample of wastewater for testing will be collected from specific plant areas.
- A quick overview will be done in determining the qualitative and quantitative analytical methods to evaluate the way forward.
- A broad outline discussed on the methodology to be used in the specific case, considering what all methods have already been done on the site.
1 week – Basic protocol
2 week – BOD, COD wastewater characterisation
4 Week – Biological , Chemical , Physical treatment treatment studies
Characterization Of Effluent
Wastewater characterization is the first step to proceed with treatability studies.
The final goals are set in terms of end results and effluent parameters desired , depending on the end goal of the treated water. The various parameters to be analyzed for the effluent at laboratory are pH, Total Solids, BOD, COD, Chlorides, Sulphates, etc.
After characterization primary treatment to the effluent for the removal of suspended & colloidal matters from the effluent is established – DAF, Clarifiers, physical treatments etc.. ( Image source UGA Extension )
After establishing the primary treatment of influent wastewater, the secondary treatment method is decided. This could be anaerobic, aerobic, anoxic – oxidation, photocatalytic – depending on the type of prime contaminants. Sometimes we can also carry out on-site, costs for which are discussed mutually with the client.
The primary, secondary and tertiary treatments are run separately in our lab to determine optimum parameters and operating conditions for each stage of treatment at plant level. A holistic approach is taken on how the water can be best managed in the plant and bespoke solutions are designed.
- Wastewater Characterization
- Primary Treatment Studies
- Physical Treatment Studies
- Chemical Treatment Studies
- Biological Treatment Studies
- Anaerobic Treatment
- Facultative Treatment
- Aerobic Treatment/Anoxic
- Tertiary Treatment Studies
- Technology identification – Photooxidation , MBBR, MBR, Anaerobic, Aerobic, Electro-oxidation etc
- Lab Model Trial Study at our Innovation center
- Flow Chart Of Proposed wastewater treatment scheme